E.R.A. 289FIA Cobra
Maui Blue/E.R.A. chassis#2102
This reptilian road rocket was purchased from the renowned Cobra builder Peter Portante of famed E.R.A. [Era Replica Automobiles, New Britain, Connecticut]. 100% frame-up restoration with all top-rung premium componentry, just completed in September (2017). Original-correct (i.e., aggressive) FIA stance.
— Beneath the Bonnet—
427 cid Windsor stroker V8
Originally built by Keith Craft; delivers a 600hp/ 556ft.lbs. of torque
Among the premium parts and components under the hood:
• Eagle rods
• CompCams hydraulic roller cam
• forged steel crankshaft
• fresh bearings
• new timing chain and timing gear
• Mahle pistons
• Edelbrock ‘VictorJr.’ high rise intake [and ‘VictorJr.’ CNC heads]
• Stuart high-perf water pump
• SS (stainless steel) surge tank
• Carter mechanical fuel pump
• custom-reworked 1,000 cfm Holley 4-barrel carburetor fitted with adjustable metering blocks
• Keith Craft ‘Signature’ polished aluminum valve covers
• K&N 14″ premium air cleaner
• ceramic-coated headers
• SS exhaust with quick-release V-band clips
• heavy-duty manually- and thermostatically-controlled, puller-mounted cooling fan
• remote oil cooler with airfoil
• Canton 9-qt. oil pan
• MSD ignition ensemble [the 6AL box is concealed beneath the (passenger-side) dashboard; changeable chips for MSD rev limiter]
–In the (Legend-correct) Cockpit–
The cockpit in this li’l blue reptile is outfitted with:
• aluminum frame/leather-clad racing driver’s seat, E.R.A. passenger seat;
• genuine Wilton Wool carpeting add a final touch of authenticity to the cockpit;
• electrical ‘kill’ switch within easy driver reach, on the bulkhead behind the passenger seat
• genuine Moto-Lita 14″ hardwood-rimmed wheel;
• period-correct Stewart Warner blackfaced instrumentation [on ‘correct’ Racing/Competition dashboard layout];
• tunnel-mounted chromed fire extinguisher;
• that’s the (black) horn button you see immediately to the right of the hardwood rim
• genuine Shelby American 17″ aluminum rims with 6-pin knockoffs
• shod with Goodyear Eagle ‘F1’ rubber [275/40ZRx17″front; 315/35ZRx17″rear]
Note: full spare set of PS Engineering 6-pin rims [polished aluminum, set of four] shod with Hoosier radial slicks [275/40ZRx17″ front; 315/35ZRx17″ rear]. Negotiable with the sale of this car.
–Chassis, Suspension, Brakes–
• black powder-coated frame;
• 700lb. rear springs (per pair) with adjustable coil-over Spax shocks; front shocks are dual-rebound adjustable Konis with 500lb. (per pair) Eibach springs; these units meet E.R.A.‘s original specs;
• Wilwood 12″ front disc brakes with new rotors; rear are single-caliper Jaguar 12″ brakes
Check out the high-end spare components
for this car, itemized below.
This is the top of the pyramid of the 289FIA genre of the Cobra family lineage, and a splendid, take-no-prisoners driving machine.
Whoever gets this serpent will be treated to driving adventures on a whole new level.
Serious inquiries only, please!
Located in Connecticut
—key number errors—
Crown Publishing Company and CobraCountry are not responsible for any
descriptive error, or key number error, should such an error occur.
© Crown Publishing Company, Inc.
Design by PaulaEaston.com